June 4, 2015

RELISH: My life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley

Relish: My Life in the Kitchen


In this unique graphic novel memoir the author revolves her memories around food, and includes various recipes for the reader to try. Lucy Knisley is candid about her adventures in different countries and time spent with family and friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RELISH was a fun read. The author, Lucy Knisley, shows how food brings both friends and family together. The author also includes recipes or extra information revolving around food at the end of each chapter that I made me very tempted to put the book down and try out for myself, particularly the chai tea in the beginning and the chocolate chip cookies! I found that the author’s down-to-earth tone and humor help move the book along at a pleasant pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment